01 February, 2011

Why Japan is Awesome!

Morning everyone!

I know I have delayed writing about Japan for like more than a month (coz I went in December) but well the reason is that the experience is simply overwhelming, really, REALLY unforgettable, and I just don't know how I can portray it the best so that I can give the right impression of Japan....

So, I'm gonna begin with a simple list of 10 reasons Japan is awesome:

1.  Japanese are so polite and respectful!!! (although sometimes it can be translated into reserve and coldness towards strangers)

2.  So clean!!! Whether it's on the streets, on the train, the Shinkansen, or at school!


3.  So convenient!!! ---Vending machines (of course) at first, they are quite a novelty coz the number of vending machines in australia is pathetically small.....

4.  Shopping, shopping, shopping!!! There are so much things to buy u won't know how to spend your yens....seriously, though i find Japanese snacks and Japanese stationery the BEST (And also I have to mention that th WRAPPING is one of the best thing shopping in Japan, everything you buy is wrapped to pretty and delicate, and so good because you wouldn't have to wrap yourself when giving them as souvenirs to your friends)

5.  Their phones!!!! I know to most people out there, this seems a very very irrelevant thing, but I just couldn't help it!!!! they are gorgeous, wonderful, fantastic, magnificent, best.....the list of adj continues on......they have 13 megapixels camera on their phones, can you believe it?? the design and the sleekness of the phone is remarkable:D well I guess I'm a bit over obsessed with jap phones having watched so many jap dramas .....ok, let's move on to the nxt.....

Softbank Mobile
6.  The gorgeous seas view and natural scenary of Japan! This must be mentioned. Almost everywhere you turn your head, there is water, either lakes, rivers or sea...I just felt like seating there all day just admiring the view....which unfortunately was not possible..

7.  Their language!!! I guess this is expected of me since I'm such a languages lover :D to say that Japanese sounds good is a bit weird but it's TRUE it may be especially hard for westerners coz they use completely different system of characters, but it's worth it!! Trust me! (But one point I want to mention--this is not to discourage the Japanese learners out there, but if you wanna be really proficient at Japanese, like JLPT N1/2 it's really hard because all the grammar and vocabularies needed are at a compltely different level to beginner's)

8. Their hotels are quite good and really magnificent, but I guess you have to go to the 4 or 5 stars one...

9.And then there is the wonderful 'onsen 温泉' . This is the bath house for either males or females. OK, I know you're gonna think that is totally disgusting-and that's EXACTLY what I thought too-it was slightly embarassing at first..but really it's like the best thing because it makes so relaxed from a day's of work or study and really helps reduce your stress. The same goes with the 'ofuro お風呂’. where you go in after a shower.

お風呂-ofuro
10. Last but not least, is of course the Japanese 'ryouri 料理’ ..Japanese food is awesome!!! Seafood, udon, ramen, sukiyaki (kind of like a hot pot thing), yakitori (fried chicken)...the list goes on...so you might be thinking why I have not mentioned sushi. Well, Japanese actually don't eat sushi that much, at least from I was told, because it was quite expensive to have good sushi with fresh sashimi or salmon.

Pork Bone Soup Udon, dumplings (gyouza), and rice
Sukiyaki
~

So here is in no way a complete list, but believe me, it's really worth it to learn some Japanese and then go to Japan- it will make your experience whole lot more remarkable. 

For the next post, I will hopefully get around to reflect on my trip, as school starts tomorrow and it's gonna be really really a big term for me.

じゃまた!


No comments:

Post a Comment